Noob refocusing hobbies

Flyextreme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I've been heavily (ok, obsessively) into Radio control cars, planes, helicopters (hence "Flyextreme" ), and just about anything R/C for about 14 years doing some general photography on the side with my Canon PowerShot SX30 IS (P&S). I had a 35mm Pentex for a very short time back in the 80's. I think I'm at a point where I'm just not having as much fun as I used to with my R/C toys so, I'm "refocusing" my interest to photography that I can also do with my youngest. I'm getting my 14 year old daughter a Nikon D3100 for Hanukah so she can shoot with her friends that have various Nikons and Canon Rebels. She's also as excited about shooting with daddy as I am with her.

I ended up with the D3200 with the addition of a 70-300mm. I had considered the D5200, but didn't think at this point it was a good choice for me personally, I'll make a bigger jump once I learn which end of the camera is which;).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to learning this new(ish) hobby, learning and sharing here, and spending quality time with my daughter while she still wants to or can. I also hope to get my wife interested as well. My 15 year old has already expressed some interest.

Peace out, Bill:)

Welcome Bill,

The D3200 is a really capable camera, and the 70-300 mm Nikkor lens is fantastic. I use a D5100 myself, and have always been very pleased with the results. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard Bill!

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.

Looking forward, Bill

Most reactions

Back