noob

rusty_jacob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased my first dslr nikon d40x, and would like to know the best ways to learn my camera. Is there videos or books that help learn how to shoot in manual mode. Just curious thanks

Check amazon/barns&noble/borders for a book called D40. I never read/looked in the book but it claims to teach you all the tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your D40. I think the book is for both D40/x - really didn't care/matter basically the same cameras.
But if you just want books on how to take photos just go to your local library

thanks helpful info

The best way to learn is experimentation. I have done it with every camera I have ever owned. Sometimes thing work and sometimes they dont. Also sometimes they work when they shouldnt have.

Reading books is great, but I really believe the best way to learn your camera, or any camera for that matter, is to shoot, shoot, shoot. With digital, it doesn't cost anything to throw them in the trash.

also be sure to read the manual carefully... i've read my manual twice already and i only have my camera since about 3 weeks or so...

I just purchased my first dslr nikon d40x, and would like to know the best ways to learn my camera. Is there videos or books that help learn how to shoot in manual mode. Just curious thanks
Try to read the instruction carefully.
Also you can ALWAYS Google it!

The best way to learn is experimentation. I have done it with every camera I have ever owned.

I just bought my first DSLR about 2 weeks ago. I love it so much. I pretty much used the web + instruction manual to get an idea as to what I was doing but Joves said it all. Just experiment. Take advantage of every environment around you. Just remember to think what you're doing.

This website helped me a lot
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/glossary

Good luck and grats on your 1st DSLR!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back