Noobie advice

andykendall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am starting up in photography and I have spent the last few weeks making up a small portfolio of my work. I would appreciate it if any more seasoned people would cast a critical eye over my work and give any feedback that would help me get better.

Please visit my website (still under construction, I might add!).
All the images are low res copies for display purposes so please bear this in mind.

http://www.andykendallpictures.co.uk

Thanks,
Andy

Hello and welcome to the forum. I like your photos, but they strike me as average. The sky is also blown outin many of the shots. There is nothing on the site that would motivate me to buy... and to succeed in this business you have to stand out in some way or another.

Also the "watermark" across your images is awful in my opinion. It distracts too much from the image.

Keep working at it. ;)

Make your watermark a little less subtle, more like a watermark, and put in higher res shots, at least 800x600. The resolution is so low on those pictures that I am immediately turned off from them.

I understand wanting to protect your images, but I agree with xfloggingkylex...the photos are so distorted/stretched that they don't look like something I'd want to buy (though you do assure on your website a quality image will be delivered)...

..I wouldn't consider myself the "seasoned eye" you're looking for to critique your photos...but I don't know how it would be possibly to critique them as they are shown on the site.

I would suggest posting a thread of some of your images in higher res on the forum for critique :)

Welcome to the forum!

These are not bad! I agree you have to stand out in some way, though, but for you, that just might mean shooting more and developing your own style. Your beach photos do produce in me a certain longing for the seaside, though. I'd like to see more beach photos!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back