noooob

sarallyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
didn't see this section before... anywho;

I'm Sarah, a junior in HS. I've always loved photography, but I have never had a good camera. I've always loved getting coffee table books full of photography... I took one out from the library several years ago, and I cannot remember the photographer's name, unfortunately... I'm still looking for his name (he got a camera when he was young and knew nothing about photography, he was self-taught... his pictures always had an older theme... I believe he lived in the early 1900s).
I would love to go into photography (natural photojournalism, like for nat geo), but I know that that will never happen, unfortunately, so I'll stick with just it as a hobby.
Anyway, I'm going to be taking a b&w photography course starting next week, and I got an SLR for it (canon ae-1 w/ 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 lens)... I started taking pictures with it today and I'll develop them in a few days.

but I only have pictures from my embarrasment of a camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-650).

here's a few of my pictures with the crap camera;

Acadia Nat'l Park, ME

maine707132.jpg

9th Ward New Levee, New Orleans, LA

NO047.jpg

Montmerency Waterfall, Quebec

DSCF1181.jpg

Steuben, ME

mainer255.jpg

Los Alcorizos, Dominican Republic

DR005.jpg

And, of course, my specialty - Gracie the pit bull;

21607045.jpg

playrooom017.jpg

playrooom019.jpg

valentine001.jpg

sunbathing024.jpg

looking forward to getting a LOT of suggestions and advice!

GREAT shots of dog!

Welcome to the forum, im sure you will lots and lots of info!

Hi Sarah, and welcome to TPF. It looks like you get to travel a lot!

Thanks for posting some pics together with your intro. I really love the colours in the sunset shot (the horizon is a teeny bit crooked though). And the shot of Gracie dressed up and with the prezzies makes me giggle. Other shots of her in the series are better though. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her!

Hi Sarah, and welcome to TPF. It looks like you get to travel a lot!

Thanks for posting some pics together with your intro. I really love the colours in the sunset shot (the horizon is a teeny bit crooked though). And the shot of Gracie dressed up and with the prezzies makes me giggle. Other shots of her in the series are better though. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her!

I'd like to blame the bad pictures on my bad camera, but it's just me, lol. hopefully the class I'm about to take and this site will help :D

thanks for the welcome!

Gracie's nose is cute and great shot! Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back