northern harrier posing

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went up to a nearby wetland meadow this afternoon to look for owls... saw one short-ear, but it stayed far away, and i never got a shot. there was one very cooperative female harrier, though, and i got some nice shots of her from about 20 yards away...

Wow.I love the 3rd one.It's amazing.All of them are good but I love the 3rd one the most.Nice job.

fantastic bird and shot!

nice. i have never seen photos of these on the ground before. i always seem to see flight shots and th'ats about it.

Wow. Fantastic shots.

She's a beaut!

Very nice set.
This is your second thread in a week with normally skittish birds within 30 yards. I'm in awe. I'm lucky to get within 100 yards of one.

Great set!

Wow.I love the 3rd one.It's amazing.All of them are good but I love the 3rd one the most.Nice job.

thanks, Darek!

fantastic bird and shot!

thank you, Larry!

nice. i have never seen photos of these on the ground before. i always seem to see flight shots and th'ats about it.

thanks, Danny. i see them much more often in flight as well, which made this opportunity even better!

Wow. Fantastic shots.

thank you, Barb!

She's a beaut!

thank you! they are handsome birds.

Very nice set.
This is your second thread in a week with normally skittish birds within 30 yards. I'm in awe. I'm lucky to get within 100 yards of one.

thanks! this one was largely luck... she landed 20 yards away and stayed put for a good minute or more, and gave me time to get the best angle for some shots. but i do find i'm often able to get close shots of skittish or elusive birds simply by being patient, quiet, and not moving suddenly...

Great set!

thank you!

Good photos, are Harriers very difficult to see in the US? In the UK they are very rare and quite hard to see (partly because they are persecuted so much).

Really nice set! #1 for me.

Quality shots these. Kudos mate.

thanks, Jasii!

Good photos, are Harriers very difficult to see in the US? In the UK they are very rare and quite hard to see (partly because they are persecuted so much).

thanks, Davholla! they're not rare here, though where i live they're much harder to find in the summer months. they tend to be most visible in winter. the spot where i took these is a good place to view them.

Really nice set! #1 for me.

thanks, Brian!

They are a very common bird here in the South Central region (southern plains-Texas) where they come to winter.

By the way, this bird is on my "always wanted to see but never have" list. I know they are in my area but I can't seem to find one. I'm a little jealous.

Most reactions

Back