Northern lights in St. Laurent, Manitoba

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this past Thursday, after more than seven years living in Canada, I finally had the chance to get my first glimpse of the aurora borealis. It took a long drive north and quite a bit of patience (and also some dogs barking in the night), but it all paid off. Hope you like...

p274529550-4.jpg

Very nice. :thumbup:

Indeed, that is nice! How did this post go this far without somebody opening it up? Good spottin' there o|||||||o!

Great shot! I've wanted to see this in person my whole life, but never got around to doing it. Thanks for sharing!

Just out of curiosity, what were your exposure settings here?

Whoa, cool. "Like it" is too weak a word to describe how much I like this one! Must be so thrilling to see!!! Thank you for letting us see "your" aurora borealis, too!

The colors, the colors! What can I say: Bravo!

Great colours, fantastic sky. Maybe a little too little going on in t6he left hand side of the frame. It does need some negative space there so I wouldn't do a large crop, but maybe just a little? Or a little less shroud there?

Brilliant capture though.

Looks great...

Nice capture of a very difficult subject :thumbup:...........

How did this post go this far without somebody opening it up?
Less than two hours... That's actually fast for the current state of TPF :)

Just out of curiosity, what were your exposure settings here?
The settings were: f/2.8, 56s, ISO 800.

Maybe a little too little going on in t6he left hand side of the frame. It does need some negative space there so I wouldn't do a large crop, but maybe just a little? Or a little less shroud there?
I agree with this... A slight crop on the left-hand side would likely improve the image.

Thanks everybody for the kind feedback. This was quite the experience and I'm already looking forward to next time!

Thats awesome, I wish i can see them sometime, since I am living in Alaska now

That is a beautiful picture!
I've only seen them in person once.

great shot! Look at that sky!
Cant wait to see it myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back