Northern Lights...or not...

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to venture out into the night in hopes of catching the aurora tonight. I'm in Washington, mind you, so it takes quite a bit to be able to see them here. Unfortunately my favorite spot to shoot from is an hour away and I never know if it'll be clear or cloudy when I get there. Tonight it was mostly cloudy.

I think I saw the northern lights, or at least a glimmering of them through the clouds. It was very difficult to tell, though. My eyes aren't great to begin with, plus there was a bit of lightning going on and the clouds/fog really illuminated car lights in the distance. I only got one picture I kept. Still...it was a pleasing time, I suppose.

Here is the one and only picture worth keeping. Or maybe it's not. You tell me :) I'm thinking it should be brightened up a bit. What do you think?

Lights by RxForB3, on Flickr

It looks MUCH better if you follow the link to Flickr and view it with the shadow box.

Thanks for the input. I think I also like the second one better, though the first one makes the tree on the right stand out more...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back