Northern Shoveler ducks

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Happy to have seen these yesterday - cold but sunny morning - given their name as they have a large bill and literally shovel up food from the water

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm G lens + Sony 1.4 Teleconverter

Male Northern Shoveler duck
QPBDkla.jpg

and The female too
OYopE0I.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
Very nice set, buddy. The reflection of the eye in #1 cracks me up, it looks cartoonish being elongated like that but #2 is the better of the two shots, sharp & smooth!

Last edited:
The second shot, with the perfect reflection and the ripples of the water, added to the lighting, are excellent !!!!. They make me see how far I am and how much I have to practice.

Another one I've never seen. Great shots Les, the secod i particular as it really shows off the shapeof that unusual beak!

Very nice set, buddy. The reflection of the eye in #1 cracks me up, it looks cartoonish being elongated like that but #2 is the better of the two shots, sharp & smooth!
Thank you Kirk, I do find them rather comical to watch :)
The second shot, with the perfect reflection and the ripples of the water, added to the lighting, are excellent !!!!. They make me see how far I am and how much I have to practice.
Thank you for the nice comments i all I can offer as advice is practise makes perfect :)
Another one I've never seen. Great shots Les, the secod i particular as it really shows off the shapeof that unusual beak!
Thank you Pete- I'm sure you'll see these all over the UK buddy :)
Wonderful set! I really like #2.
Thank you Jeff- No2 is my better shot I feel :)

Les

Nice shot. Great color and detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back