Northern Shovler- trail

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do like to bend the rules slightly when I shoot Wildlife :)

Here I waited until my subject was left of shot - to be in a position to include the trail he left in the water - Not to everyone's taste I agree- In my defence the rule of 3rds are applied in the shot
But hey, I like it :)

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm lens ( @600mm) hand held

Xs4mk96.jpg

Les :)

From what I've read about breaking the rule of thirds, if you have a reason for it then so be it, but if you don't then it probably isn't going to work. I've seen and taken shots like that showing the trail so in my book it's ok, it works. Also, it isn't always about just the subject, if you see something else that's interesting it can be included. The trails in this case. And nice shot!

Wouldn't have been as good without the trailing wake. You did right in my opinion.

From what I've read about breaking the rule of thirds, if you have a reason for it then so be it, but if you don't then it probably isn't going to work. I've seen and taken shots like that showing the trail so in my book it's ok, it works. Also, it isn't always about just the subject, if you see something else that's interesting it can be included. The trails in this case. And nice shot!
My thoughts entirely Kirk - other wise It's just a duck in my opinion :)
Wouldn't have been as good without the trailing wake. You did right in my opinion.
Thank you Pete - we seem to be on the same page- glad you liked it :)
Nice shot!
Thank you Jeff :)

Les

Nice shot.

Most reactions

Back