norton ghost

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
what's it mean when the norton systems ghost is showing in my lower right menu bar, right next to the time? i think the comp had a virus recently, but when i run a scan, no viruses are showing up at the moment...

i don't even know what norton ghost is :?

Norton Ghost is for making backup images of your system. Since it takes a couple hours to completely reinstall windows and everything, I ghosted my system so it takes 5 minutes instead.

hmmm. why would the icon suddenly become active in the menu bar, tho? also, i can't open photoshop, it hangs on last progress message: reading global resources.... done. hourglass does not disappear and the opening credits don't go away... sumpins not right

ok- i just checked out the norton quarantine report, and there are 2 items- one on 8/13 called hp2[1].htm. on status column it says "backup"
wtf is this?

ok- found out that's the name of an infected file that was backed up. name of virus=MHTMLRedir.expoit

I'm no virus guru... but i'd check that out and delete any viruses...

then maybe go to start > run > msconfig then enter. disable all the items on your startup tab and reboot... then try photoshop again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back