Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Iris_18-05-08.jpg

Ahhh! :D

Nice bokkeh - did you use a long lens for this shot?

The only chance I get for this kind of close-ups is the "macro" settings of my 70-300mm lens, which are between the 200 and the 300mm, so yes, I was forced to use a long lens.

I like that a lot Corinna. As a bit of a suggestion, I'd pull your focus slightly further forward to get the bud a little sharper and let the DoF look after its tip, which is where it looks like you focused.

I'm afraid, my € 169.-SIGMA cannot "do" any sharper... :roll: Focus is on the colourful part of the bud, which already gives you a glimpse of the flower-to-be (should be open by the time you are here!), do you think it had better been somewhere else? I took about five photos during my "iris-bud-session", for even breathing in or my heart doing a beat (!) brought me out of focus again :roll:
Maybe I got it "righter" in one of the others?

Ignore that question, just looked in your profile - you can give my EF-S 60mm macro a try next week. See what you think.

lovely colours and dof

Very nice shot - though I agree with Chris about the focusing point.
And I know how it feels to use the sigma - I have personally givenup with handheld and now use it on tripod almost all the time - its lets you get that little extra sharpness out of the lens I find

Most reactions

Back