not sure if i like this...

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
there are some things i like about it, and some things i dont. im actually trying to clean out some of my gallery, and this is a debated shot. should i scrap it?

comments appreciated :)

100_4408.jpg

The leaf-in-focus aspect does have its point, but what bugs me most is the cut off flower, so for me its a framing problem, most of any. The backlit rose against the cloudless sky has its virtues, but the fact that the flower is not quite in the frame... no.

Well, this flower is definitely within the frame... but it is not as nice as the rose... it has NO nice leaves... thought the experiment with the sun right behind it is quite thrilling.

yeah i went back looking for the rose, and it was dead and someone threw it away :grumpy:

so i used that. yes, it unfortunately has little leaves. it took me forever to frame one at least partly correct. the sun happens to be quite bright.

i really like that second one. it's almost a sihlouette, but you can see the purple showing in several places. while it doesn't have nice leaves, i love how the colors work out, and the tiny speck of sun showing through. nice one.

Id replace it with the second one...I like it...but its slightly out of focus at the top I feel...and it kinda bugs me.

Still an excellent shot, but I do prefere the second tbh

Good work :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back