Not the usual London photos?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I may be returning to London for my 6th or 7th time soon. I have all the usual tourist type shots of Westminster Abby, Eye, Tower Bridge, Windsor Castle, Shard, Buckingham Palace, various museums, etc.....

Looking for something a little more original to take photos of. Any interesting ideas for places in London?

Thanks

The Sherlock holmes museum.

And why does a person who goes on a vacation feel they have to take photos that are unique?

Any photo is unique if the moment in time is important to YOU. Hence a picture of the wife having a can of beer explode on her may not be unique or interesting to anyone else. But because of the memory attached it is to YOU

Green Park - wild flowers, Bomber Command Memorial, Canada water sculpture, people.

- short walk from Buckingham Palace.

Westminster Cathedral - amazing architecture.

If you haven't already jump on the Thames Ferry and go to Greenwich to the observatory and visit the Cutty Sark.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I try to take photos of local people with iconic locations in the background. Sometimes I have the background slightly out of focus but recognizable. The local people give a unique perspective to the photo and the background gives a locational setting. It can be a little difficult to get it all set up, but is generally worth the effort.

The Monument and generally The City are favourites of mine, I also love St. James's Park. Battersea, Greenwich and everything in-between are also good and worth going south of the river for. Southwark cathedral is often overlooked and really spectacular. If you're up for it, Brixton and New Cross will give you all the originality you crave!

Most reactions

Back