Not the usual Photos seen here, but...

Your photos are cool but his car is not all that. I do dig the blue rims though.

We would need to see a mod list, dyno graphs, and drag times to decide this.

I still consider myself to be very new to photography and have never done a car shoot so take this for what it is worth, but here are my thoughts.

The DoF on the third shot is messing with me, I like the angles but going from in focus to out of focus mid-word is messing with my eyes. I don't care for the second or fourth shots. The carbon-fiber Mitsubishi symbol looks pretty rough, a big glob of resin in the center and rough looking edges. I like the angles in the forth as well as your focus point but I find the light on the rear quarter to be distracting, it keeps pulling my eyes away from the intended focus point in the front to the rear of the car. I really like the first shot. The deep, rich colors, the angles and crisp reflections are nice.

Nice bunch. The EVO is ok.... I just don't like silver evos and his wheels don't do it for me. Lol. I would have chosen mag blue CE 28's or those wheels in diff color. Good job though!

Ute-Meadows-0001-L.jpg

This is my favorite image of the bunch but I don't love it as a photo. The rims are cool. What I don't like is that there is a lot of dead space on the right side of the frame that I think could be cropped out a bit tighter. I don't like the red box on the right side of the frame. Also, the longer I look at this image the more distracted I get by the reflections of the lights on the side of the doors. There are some blown sections and the back of the car, for me, blends too much with the background of the shot. I'd like to see the rear of the car be a bit more "lifted" from the background. Just my $0.02. YMMV.

I don't know the "rules" of car photography, but I think that if your main point of focus is on a logo, the entire logo needs to be in focus, otherwise I'm not sure why we're being drawn to it. Also, if you're trying to feature a sponsor or brand, it looks better if even people who aren't involved in the hobby can figure out what that sponsor or brand is lol. That's my only grip with #1 as well, it looks like there is a logo on that rim and I can't see it. If you're showing off the amazing rims, and there's a logo on them, show it off!

first set kinda of lose it for me. i like them but i never got any real look at the car. just a few pieces. think the wheels are the only real thing im diggin on the car. he's got good stance and not obnoxious amount of camber or lip showing so props for that. on the last set we get to see the car but the hdr is a bit much for me. and i just dont like how the car is blending in with the background. just not enough contrast for me personally to make the car really stand out. looks more like a wheel add because the wheels pop and demand your attention. the car is just blending into the background.

i like the shots and angles. i just think if you reshot it with a diffrent background. maybe at night, more darker background so the car pops out and takes the vewers attention you will have it.

Don't really like the HDR ones, way overdone. But that is a nasty ass evo and I loveeeee teal ccw's. And for those of you who don't know..those "rims" cost 10x your camera gear.

As a photog who spends most of his time shooting cars, I really liked the first one and was like wow, nice...

But it went straight downhill from there.

The rest are as boring as most of what we see here.

Do you even have any idea why the first one is so great?

As a photog who spends most of his time shooting cars, I really liked the first one and was like wow, nice...

But it went straight downhill from there.

The rest are as boring as most of what we see here.

Do you even have any idea why the first one is so great?

Hey Cloudwalker, sorry I haven't visited the forums in a while so I didn't see your reply. I thank you for being so upfront & honest.

As for the first image, indeed it's seen the best "reviews" of the set. However, I guess (now that I think about it) I don't really know why you think it's so great, and the others are garbage.

I really would like your take on it, and how to improve. I'm not against negative criticism, and in fact enjoy it because it can only help me.

Thanks, in advance, for your time...and to everyone that's posted in here.

I don't know the "rules" of car photography, but I think that if your main point of focus is on a logo, the entire logo needs to be in focus, otherwise I'm not sure why we're being drawn to it. Also, if you're trying to feature a sponsor or brand, it looks better if even people who aren't involved in the hobby can figure out what that sponsor or brand is lol. That's my only grip with #1 as well, it looks like there is a logo on that rim and I can't see it. If you're showing off the amazing rims, and there's a logo on them, show it off!

This is being submitted to a car magazine, I would think that most anyone reading would know that it's an Evo. Also, the rear end has been de badged and the only logo is going to be the one on the front.

LOL The drug dealer must be moving some serious weight. The ones from where I live normally drive a crown vic jacked up on huge ridiculous looking rims that cost more than the car.

LOL The drug dealer must be moving some serious weight. The ones from where I live normally drive a crown vic jacked up on huge ridiculous looking rims that cost more than the car.

lol The owner is a disabled Iraqi war veteran. This is his garage queen, his DD is an Audi A4 sleeper.

Most reactions

Back