Nothing better

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Than developing 12 rolls of C41 and listening to the World Series on the radio. Now that I'm finished and the film drying, I am retreating to the living room with my dogs and wife to watch the rest of the game. I got home from work and took a nap so I could get this done and watch the game. I could do without all the commercials. The negatives look real good. 5 rolls of Portra 400 5 rolls of Fujifilm Superia Xtra 400, and two rolls of Ultramax 400. Life is good. Arista C41 liquid kit, I really like this stuff, very easy and good results.

Jc, my next step after returning to b&w developing after 60 years is color. Do you use a sous vide to bring and keep the chemicals to temp? Does that kit have separate bleach and fix chemicals?

@mrca .Yes, I use a window wash bucket that accommodates the bottles and the cinestill temperature controller. The temp controller (souse vide) is a critical piece for proper development. Presoak, developer, blix, wash, stabilzer.

JC, great. I just spent the last 2 hours setting up a headshot with a 7' octa, it's bigger than I am so is on a rolling stand and dialed in the desired delta for the gray background to be a bit darker than my gray/white hair, and will later today or tomorrow finish one roll as 67 another at 646 then develop in xtol that I mixed up 6 liters yesterday. Going to test a mamiya 150 mm soft focus lens to determine which of the diffusion discs I like. I recently picked up an AP or Arista film spool for my paterson tank and it has HUGE tabs to assist loading 120 and now I can easily load 2 rolls of 120 at a time. Paterson reels were designed for 220 which is essentially twice the length of 120. Is that a 2.5 gallon bucket? How many bottles can you get in it plus the sous vide and what size bottles?

JC, great. I just spent the last 2 hours setting up a headshot with a 7' octa, it's bigger than I am so is on a rolling stand and dialed in the desired delta for the gray background to be a bit darker than my gray/white hair, and will later today or tomorrow finish one roll as 67 another at 646 then develop in xtol that I mixed up 6 liters yesterday. Going to test a mamiya 150 mm soft focus lens to determine which of the diffusion discs I like. I recently picked up an AP or Arista film spool for my paterson tank and it has HUGE tabs to assist loading 120 and now I can easily load 2 rolls of 120 at a time. Paterson reels were designed for 220 which is essentially twice the length of 120. Is that a 2.5 gallon bucket? How many bottles can you get in it plus the sous vide and what size bottles?
Nice. I like to wind it on a few cranks once it gets all on, poeanty of room left. It's a 6 gal bucket and can hold all that you need. I've put gals of distilled in it, and as many as six liters containers.

JC, thanks. Will order when make the leap to color.

Than developing 12 rolls of C41 and listening to the World Series on the radio. Now that I'm finished and the film drying, I am retreating to the living room with my dogs and wife to watch the rest of the game. I got home from work and took a nap so I could get this done and watch the game. I could do without all the commercials. The negatives look real good. 5 rolls of Portra 400 5 rolls of Fujifilm Superia Xtra 400, and two rolls of Ultramax 400. Life is good. Arista C41 liquid kit, I really like this stuff, very easy and good results.
Buddy, you're doing it right! I'm impressed. I still need to send my film in, no space in this small townhome but looking to get back to New England and a larger home. B TW, I was happy with the Series result; how about you?

Buddy, you're doing it right! I'm impressed. I still need to send my film in, no space in this small townhome but looking to get back to New England and a larger home. B TW, I was happy with the Series result; how about you?
I occasionally send mine in through the mail if I'm overwhelmed with the day job and family stuff. Truth is, I have not been very happy and I just need to wait. The last time I sent some in, two rolls came back and they blamed me but I find that interesting considering the negatives were clear and no printing on the edges and they were all from the same camera. I can muck it up on my own... irritated.

The most boring World Series that I can remember. All these analytics are kind of ruining the game for me. I am a purist and hate all the constant interruptions, plus Joe Buck, stupid Elton John commercials (have no clue what him and the modern day African American Ishkabibel are talking about) etc, etc. I actually enjoyed the radio broadcast more, Joe Buck is clueless.

Most reactions

Back