Novice question

dhfarka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just had a quick question pertaining to a picture.

In Fridays Washington Post "Eye on the World," there is a photo that really caught my attention.

It is the 8th photo at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2008/10/13/GA2008101300837.html

I just really thought that the colors were abnormally vibrant, almost Technicolor-esque. Is this due to a particular type of camera, or is this a type of visual effect- if it is an effect, how is it achieved? If you could help me out I would really apreciate it. I have recently picked up photography as a hobby, so I am very ignorant when it comes to this kind of thing.

Welcome to the photography world and the forum as well. Glad to have you.

I looked at the picture... I assume its the one with the guns and smoke and all. It does have great color. I thought it was an interesting capture. And yes there is software for manipulation, like photoshop, etc...., but in my opinion, this picture didnt appear to have any major repair other than maybe color and contrast, sharpness increased and such. Nothing beyond the norm to me. I may be wrong but it just looks like a good capture with good color.... most likely a high end digital camera.

I have had a look at the picture, the 8th is that of the soldier and small child, it looks like just a standard picture shot with a wide-angle lens and fill light added in Photoshop.

Vibrance and saturation in pp. Takes about 3 seconds

Most reactions

Back