Nubble Head Light (x5)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In between two concerts I went down to Massachusetts for, I decided to try and get a sunset series at Nubble Head in York, Maine. Unfortunately, it was terribly cloudy. So, I just had to work with what I had and make the best of it. Here are the results.

One:
NubbleTwo.jpg

Two:
NubbleThree-Edit.jpg

Three:
NubbleONe.jpg

Four:
NubbleFour.jpg

Five:
_DSC3532copy3-1-Edit.jpg

Comments, critiques are appreciated and welcome. Thanks for looking.

kinda creepy....Interesting series

Yeah, well, I wanted to do something different with Nubble. Because I'm sick of the stupid blue-sky lighthouse shots. I hate postcard landscapes (most of the time) and I figured since I despise them so much, why not do something about it? So I did. I figured taking my own shots was the best option next to buying all the postcards of this lighthouse and burning them.

Yeah, well, I wanted to do something different with Nubble. Because I'm sick of the stupid blue-sky lighthouse shots. I hate postcard landscapes (most of the time) and I figured since I despise them so much, why not do something about it? So I did. I figured taking my own shots was the best option next to buying all the postcards of this lighthouse and burning them.

...and here I spent half a year trying to take a post card shot...not of that location but anywho...:lmao:

...and here I spent half a year trying to take a post card shot...not of that location but anywho...:lmao:

Haha. Well, I mean, there's obviously a taste for postcard shots or those shots wouldn't be on postcards. So, don't worry about what I like or dislike. I'm not exactly Joe Generic or Nancy Normal, so I'm not a great person to cater shots to, at all. Trust me, you'll find more success with a postcard shot than a dreary, dark landscape 99 times out of 100. :D

Haha. Well, I mean, there's obviously a taste for postcard shots or those shots wouldn't be on postcards. So, don't worry about what I like or dislike. I'm not exactly Joe Generic or Nancy Normal, so I'm not a great person to cater shots to, at all. Trust me, you'll find more success with a postcard shot than a dreary, dark landscape 99 times out of 100. :D

Ha ha yeah

Bumpadoozle.

But to make this not so obvious of a bump, I'll ask people if the halos are all that distracting, or if the haloing works for any of the shots?

I kind of like it in Three, but the others I'm not so sure about. Second opinions for the win!

Just my opinion here, but I like 3 the best. The others look more "PS".

But I like the colors in the first couple.

I don't mind the halos-- I wish the halo continued up to the top of the lighthouse in the first, though, because right now it looks like you took a big soft brush to highlight the edge of the ridgeline, but missed that top (not saying that you did, but years of Photoshop slavery gives me automatic thoughts.) It may also just be me, but I'm not a big fan of the diffuse glow effect-- there's all sorts of lovely crunchy texture in the rocks that could get interesting if you went sharper instead of smoother.

the halos are ok, just in the first one they are a bit strong. my persona favourite is number 4.

the last one is actually quite shocking.. how can people ruin an nice lighthouse by putting silly Disney-style lightchains to it :confused:

the halos are ok, just in the first one they are a bit strong. my persona favourite is number 4.

the last one is actually quite shocking.. how can people ruin an nice lighthouse by putting silly Disney-style lightchains to it :confused:

Yeah, I'm not sure why the lights got turned on. They usually only turn them on in the winter around Christmas. The lights look okay during the winter when there's snow around, but other than that, I really hate the lights. I only got to take one shot after sunset, I think it's number three, before the lights got turned on, I was pretty disappointed.

always find your stuff interesting....#5 is actually my fave, the lights add a bizarre element for me which I like.....closely followed by #3, the halos are a little more dispersed and the cool tone looks good.

2 & 3 are my faves. 2 is nicely 'foreboding' looking, and I like the reflection of the light in 3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back