numismatists needed

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so as some of you may or may not know, I recently got a set of extension tubes. Again, as some of you may or may not know, I needed to return my camera because there was dirt in the viewfinder. Since I've gotten the new cam, I've been afraid to remove the lens for fear of getting dirt in there again. I have finally realized that this is stupid, and the ability to change lenses is the EXACT reason I spent the money on the DSLR. So, this weekend I'm gonna use my extension tubes.

As such, I wanted to get some shots of some old coins I have, but as they're old (and by old I mean I got them in the 80s, not that they are worth anything--actually, they're technically worth nothing now that the Euro is in place)...damn it I lost my train of thought...oh, right, so since they are old, they're dirty and off-color.

So, I was wondering if any of you on the Forum are numismatists and if anyone knew a good way to clean up the coins so they will be pretty under my lens.

Thanks as always.

I just leave my change in the pockets of my jeans and collect the clean coins from the bottom of the washer. :lol:

Sorry, I've never even heard the word numismatists, before.

Big Mike said:
I just leave my change in the pockets of my jeans and collect the clean coins from the bottom of the washer. :lol:

Sorry, I've never even heard the word numismatists, before.

neither had I...I had to look it up just to look cool :)

MommyOf4Boys said:
There is that stuff in the cleaning isle at walmart that cleans rust stains, unclogs your toilet, removes the hair from your back, and I think shines coins to look like new.

and still gentle enough to use in the most intimate of spots...afterall it's ph balanced for a woman :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back