Nuts

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I needed a break today from mending the fence that the wind had broken, so I set up this fun shot. Nuts and an old nutcracker on a mirror, a piece of black vinyl placed to provide the reflected backdrop, the flash on the camera bounced off a piece of white foamboard held to the right and up a bit, modelling the objects and giving a graduated background.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Nuts-2.jpg

Very nice composition and setup....

I've got a bowl full of nuts on the table and you shot inspired me to go "crack my nuts"......!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

7985-NutsontheTableTPF.jpg

Your photo is inspiring yet again, Tony!
Congratulations.
And the wind blew your fence over then?
Any more damage had?
We were lucky: I was well prepared and had taken EVERYTHING away from the garden which could have "got a life of its own" by the wind, so nothing could start flying ... and in the end in my area the wind wasn't so bad, after all, nor was the rain (probably BECAUSE we had set up the pump to be prepared and to prevent our cellar from getting flooded - which has happened before, when the pump had NOT been set up).

Have you ever seen my attempts at "trying to play studio+model set-up" ???

Thanks for the comments acsonpg, Scooter, Tyson & Corinna. I'm pretty much DIY on these sort of shots Tyson - I held the foamboard reflector with one hand and pressed the shutter with the other!

A fence was the only casualty of the wind Corinna, but the field behind my house was turned into a lake, and the stream at the bottom of my garden came the nearest it ever has to overflowing onto my vegetable patch!

Regards, Tony

VERY nice. One of my favorite still lifes to date.

I copied it to my hard drive and played around with it a bit. I thought it would make a nice B&W, but after playing with it, I like it much better in sepia. The best is still color though.

Most reactions

Back