NY Institute of Photography (I know I did mot spell that right)

revenater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am on my phone and I'm a horrible speller. My question is, is it worth doing an online correspond course like New York institute? Or should I stick to trial and error and books?

I am on my phone and I'm a horrible speller. My question is, is it worth doing an online correspond course like New York institute? Or should I stick to trial and error and books?

What is it you want to get out of a correspondence course?

Don't waste your money ....that school has been around for 40 years that I know of...do some more searching. Look into Art Center College of Design in Pasadena CA ...expensive but great school.

I wouldn't go to any of these "photography schools" aside from RIT.

I just want to improve and I am willing to do whatever I have to do that. Thank you dr your input.

I just want to improve and I am willing to do whatever I have to do that. Thank you dr your input.
What are you looking to improve? Everything in general? You'd be MUCH better off buying yourself a subscription to Kelby On-line. Cheaper and a thousand percent better. Better materials, better teachers-real teachers...
The NYIP class won't really teach you a damn thing.

I am already a member to kelbytraining and love it. Just was not sure if I should be doing more n

I am already a member to kelbytraining and love it. Just was not sure if I should be doing more n

The CreativeLive webinars are excellent. A LOT of photographers teach and do mentorships. That would be a much better investment as well.
You would be GLORIOUSLY disappointed if you purchased NYIP or any of the other mail order diplomas if you're a member to Kelby.

75% of theory you'll learn is only 25% right anyway. The best way to learn is to just do.

Most reactions

Back