NYC Skyline!

Velez1390

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's going on everyone? I just started my photography journey 2 weeks ago, and I want as much help as possible! I have thick skin, so have at it. All advice, suggestions, critiques, and tips are GREATLY appreciated!

Nikon D3400
Lens: 50mm/1.8
F/16
20 Second Exposure @ISO 360
Picture #1:
DSC_0206 (1).JPG

Picture #2:
Lens: 70-300mm/4.5-6.3 (Used it at 70mm)
F/5.6, ISO 100
20 Second Exposure
DSC_0217.JPG

Thank you for looking!

It seems like photos are getting blurred due to which clarity is getting disturbed.

The images are a bit overexposed. Do you have any with a shorter exposure time? Also, I am not sure what the fuzzy, vertical "bars" are in the second one - a fence(?). Regardless, I am not sure what they add to the compositional aspects of the image. I also would have cloned out those two objects in the water in the first one and the three in the second one.

If, as you say, you are just starting out, as we all did at some point, you might want to do some reading about composition. A good one to start with is - Photography Composition Articles Library

You might also want to do a web search for the topic "Nightscapes" - just a thought.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
The images are a bit overexposed. Do you have any with a shorter exposure time? Also, I am not sure what the fuzzy, vertical "bars" are in the second one - a fence(?). Regardless, I am not sure what they add to the compositional aspects of the image. I also would have cloned out those two objects in the water in the first one and the three in the second one.

If, as you say, you are just starting out, as we all did at some point, you might want to do some reading about composition. A good one to start with is - Photography Composition Articles Library

You might also want to do a web search for the topic "Nightscapes" - just a thought.

WesternGuy

Thank you so much for taking your time to give me some pointers. Yes, that was a fence, and I don't know, I wanted to place the buildings in between the spaces. And yes, I am very new to photography. Picked up my Camera and lenses 10 days ago. So I'm still a baby, still learning. I'll try to post one with a shorter exposure time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back