Nymphai

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Female spirits of the natural world--minor goddesses of the forests, rivers, springs, meadows, mountains and seas, crafters of nature's wild beauty. Dancing and weaving in their grottoes lavish hooded garments of purple. and kindly watching over the fate of mortals. C&C always welcome

purple03112018_556-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Female spirits of the natural world--minor goddesses of the forests, rivers, springs, meadows, mountains and seas, crafters of nature's wild beauty. Dancing and weaving in their grottoes lavish hooded garments of purple. and kindly watching over the fate of mortals. C&C always welcome

purple03112018_556-Edit.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr
Very nice! It calls for a Satyr floral companion.

Very nice; chanellening your inner "oldhippy"?

LOL, he isn't that far away actually. I've been struggling to get a decent image of these. Up close you can see that the petals have very fine hairlike covering, that's specular with much light, but the deep purple coloring is easy to oversaturate without fill. Add to that the cold weather which has kept them from fully opening. Today while studying one to come up with a shooting plan, I realized how it almost looked like a little hooded person, so I calculated a DOF to maintain focus on the flower, set up a speed light with softbox, and metered for a low key image.

Very nice! It calls for a Satyr floral companion.

Thanks, got a couple of ideas for that, but it will be awhile before those bloom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back