vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
no, not that kind of weed :)

This is a lily that most kiwis consider a weed, I happen to find it beautiful.
Anyways, all comments and criticisms will be much appreciated.

nzweed.jpg

cheers!

Very nice. I really like BW botanical shots. I recently picked up "Flora" photographs by Imogen Cunningham (one of my favorites).

I would tend to crop this from a 2x3 ratio (8"x12") to a 2x2.5 ratio (8"x10"), maybe just a smidge off the top, and the rest off the bottom.

And I need more info, please:
what camera and lens? film or digital? type of film or approximate resolution? any filters used? Adobe PS? flash or available lighting? etc....

Thanks

That's lovely! I can't believe you crazy kiwis (no offense intended :)) would call that a weed! It's gorgeous! I agree that a slight cropping might be good.

wow!!! .. its lovely ... since i dont do any "floral" photographs ... this shows a lot of possibilities :D

Flowers and plants are some of my favorite subjects and this one is great!
Personally I would have liked to see more detail i.e. closer and larger but it's very nice anyway.

vonnagy said:
no, not that kind of weed :)

This is a lily that most kiwis consider a weed, I happen to find it beautiful.
Anyways, all comments and criticisms will be much appreciated.

cheers!

Interesting flower/weed. :0) It seems to have a heart shape to it. It seems white but being b&w could give an ilussion and it could really be yellow or something, what color is it?

Great B&W!! I am more drawn to the background leaves than the flower, for some reason. They don't even look real, they are so perfectly captured here... love it!

cool, thanks for you opinions and criticisms.

The flower is white with a yellow stamen and it grows every here!
Took this with my canon d10 digital, I desaturated it in photoshop, i thought this particular shot would look well in b/w.

cheers!

Ok I'll admit it. This wasn't the weed I was looking for.
It's a very nice weed none the less. I really like this photo. I love how the background remains so sharp and in focus, but with the contrast it doesn't detract from the subject at all (for me anyway).

I just really love the way the way the flower sticks out at you, it almost punches you in the face looking at it, (in a good way though) Very beautiful picture.

Most reactions

Back