What's new

Oak in B&W

Matt Tilghman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
70
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't do that many B&W photos, but this one was screaming for conversion in my mind. Taken the same day and in the same park as my "rapture" photo, but a different tree and a different field. This was actually taken earlier in the day that that photo, with the sun higher in the sky, but it appears to be lower because you are looking up a pretty steep hill.

Thoughts are appreciated!

sepS.jpg
 
Wow looks great. I really like the composition, it's a good example of how to make an interesting image with a wide angle lens by drawing you in with something in the foreground ie the grass and interesting focal point in the background ie the tree. I would try to bump up the three quarter tones just a bit to see a little more detail in the foreground grass.
 
Well, I was all excited to see a boring picture and pick on you for it, but you've gone and ruined all my fun.

Pretty creative composition. I might disagree with a choice or two, but it's very nice.
 
Thanks you two. Yea manaheim there are a few things I might do differently, too, after lots of looking at it. But the light was very fleeting so I think I did ok on my toes.
 
I like that little strip of sunlight lighting up the grass on the way down the hill. Pretty cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom