What's new

Obligatory memorial day weekend photos: C/C to make me better

MK3Brent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
299
Location
Eastern NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've never done orbs before, so here is my first attempt.

Setup:
Baking whisk with a cotton glove inside
Shoe string
Lighter fluid
Fire

I believe some are 30s exposures at f/4 (12-24).
Some are shorter with a couple speedlight fills.

1.
7291510236_b0a952a5c1_b.jpg


2.
7291531106_8f87abb4c6_b.jpg


3.
7291503390_8e6849dd77_b.jpg


​


I believe #3 is weak.
Too many shadows got caught in the exposure, but I do like the stars.

What do you think?
Ever done these shots before?
 
That boring? :(

Maybe a different background will help. :lol:
 
Actually, I think the third was your best. Typically, with light painting, you don't want to see the person in the photo; that's what gives it the "magic". In order to do this, you have to move quickly and use the appropriate shutter speed.

The second is kind of neat, with you being in the photo twice; I think you could take that idea further.
 
The stills were on purpose with the speedlite. Most orbs I've seen are floating, so I figured I'd try some remote flashes.
The next ones I'll do what you're saying and maybe do it in the woods after a heavy rain as not to burn the forest down. Haha.

I'll work on it.
Thanks for the CC.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom