Obstructed

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
17013530552_0c4e52879b_o.jpg

Neat! So many repeats, vanishing points, leading lines...

When I saw this sculpture I thought I was going to get so many really cool shots.
It was actually quite difficult to capture something interesting to look at.
I tried shallow DoF, deep DoF, long lens, wide(ish) angle. You could walk around the whole thing, but there were windows on one side, and the Nike store everywhere else.

I took 20-30 different shots, and this is the strongest in my mind.
I was disappointed.

very interesting

if it were mine I'd tone down blue color

jmo

When I saw this sculpture I thought I was going to get so many really cool shots.
It was actually quite difficult to capture something interesting to look at.
I tried shallow DoF, deep DoF, long lens, wide(ish) angle. You could walk around the whole thing, but there were windows on one side, and the Nike store everywhere else.

I took 20-30 different shots, and this is the strongest in my mind.
I was disappointed.

Yeah, I can see that. Part of the challenge is the surrounding background, and you can see that almost any view of/through the sculpture will still end up showing the mundane background. I think your choice of vantage point is very good - you've managed to obscure the "mall" and make the patterns more prominent. I'm wondering if an UWA lens focusing on the closeup edge elements and then a middle-ish DOF (around f/5.6) would allow you to emphasize the pattern while making the background less prominent?

Nice try but my eyes are drawn right through to the background.

do you have any shots of the sculpture, just a simple snapshot? i am curious to see it.

There are so many different 3 dimensional views if you just look at one part of the image, definitely a picture that has held my attention for a while. I'd say one of the strongest images posted on this site in a while.

Was going to nominate for photo of the month for April, but the thread for nominations hasn't been created yet :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back