matseski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
5914867944_fbebd08e6e_b.jpg

Taken at Wildwood, NJ

Canon 50D, 70-200 2.8 IS, Photoshop

C&C always welcome.

Thanks for looking

I am not sure if that was your intention but my eyes keep looking at the top third of the photo. This is just my opinion but I would lighten the sky a bit for this. It seems unbalanced to me right now. It looks like there is more detail in the sky that are lost right now because it's too dark. If you lighten the sky, it may bring out a bit more interesting details in the sky.

i agree with cent...and i love ocean pictures! also drooling over your lens. I want one (70-200 2.8 IS) of those bad! is that the L?

I think though that if the storm has sun shining on it, it will naturally be darker than the water. Since the water has light reflecting off it.. I like the photo myself.

I would crop the bottom more but keep the width so you have a wider height vs width ratio.

I would crop the bottom more but keep the width so you have a wider height vs width ratio.
I'd actually try an almost-square crop, getting rid of about 25% of the right hand side. Also, I'd straighten the horizon. Would not change anything else, including the sky. The scene is so abstract and the light so surreal that the landscape looks like a different planet. Great job.

That works too. I like it.

I like it as is, except that little bit of clouds at the very top edge left center bugs me for some reason.

Thanks for all the responses.

Thanks for pointing out the horizon, hadn't noticed that with all the other light related things I was working with.

Regarding the clouds at the top, I have been debating between taking them out entirely or moving them and completing the tops so they are fully in frame. I'll try to post some other edits tomorrow or the next day with some of the things I have been considering.

I'll play around with some different crops too.

Most reactions

Back