OCF manual override

sactown024

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys running into an issue -

I have the yongnuo 622c ettl triggers, one on camera and 2 off camera mounted on 580ex ii"s.

I want to be able to control the 580's manually from the flash itself. The problem is, whatever my "external flash control" settings are set to on my 5D mark ii is what the flashes are set to.

Both camera flash settings and flash are set to manual modes. If I change the flash on the flash itself it goes right back to whatever the camera flash control setting are at.

For instance, ill set one flash to 1/16th power and one to 1/8 power but if the camera flash control settings are at 1/2 powe, both flashes will go right back to 1/2 power.

Is there anyway to disable the camera external flash settings or somehow override it? It's a bit crazy that I can't have 2 OCF set at 2 different power settings!

Thanks

answered my own question... seems the yn-622c changes all flashes at once when off camera if it is hotshoe mounted, have not tried sync cable yet. I removed the 622c and put the 580ex on camera and used IR as trigger and I can now set them separately...

apparently if using the 622c on a hotshot, the camera sees that as all the flashes are on camera hence why they are all the same power at all time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back