Odd Request for D80 Users

BrandonS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.topspeedphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've owned my D80 for a while now and while hiking in Death Valley a few months ago I fell and broke the back LCD screen. I ordered one off EBAY from a seller with good reviews and put it in. Well no dice, it just powers up and no image.

In any case I was wondering if someone could do me a favor and let me know if when you reset the camera with the Exposure + AF buttons if the menu goes to a default location.

What I want to be able to do is until I send my camera in be able to put it into PTP mode in the USB menu so I can change settings on the camera. I bought a flash today and was hoping to play around with it, but I can't do remote mode w/out turning on Commander mode in the camera.

If possible let me know what to do to reset menu location and it would be awesome if I could get instructions like push down 3 times, then ok, then down, then ok. Or something. I just really would like to play with the flash before I send it off to Nikon and don't have it for a few months.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well.....your best bet would be 1800nikon, they are really helpful, and have exact menus like that. Also, you could check the manual, it shows the menu positions, but I don't know how to reset the cursor position.

yea I called them. They just wanted me to send it in. I posted over on Nikonians and I knew you could hook up the video out line to the camera and see pictures, but never thought it'd show menus. I tried it an it did show the menus so I was able to peruse the menus with my TV.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back