What's new

... of silhouette's and sunstars (6pics)

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
187
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys.... this is from today early morning.... i visited the 'Qutub Minar' which is at a distance of 5 minutes from home... i've been there a gazillion times ( i do see things differently each time.. so i guess thats good ;) ) but o well we startd a photo club and today morning was our first shoot.
I wanted to do a couple of different things.. don't think i succeeded... had to push myself to shoot the same stucture for the 100th time. I think i over did the silhouette and sunstar bit:confused: anyhow i just wanted to shre this with you guys:mrgreen: Better shots next time :)
here is a brief description of the place

One of the most visited tourist spot of Delhi, Qutub Minar was built in 1199 by Qutub-ud-Din. The sultan's successor and son-in-law, Iltutmish, completed it. The purpose of building this beautiful monument is not very clear as some believe that it was built as a tower of victory to signify the beginning of the Muslim rule in India, while others say it served as a minaret to the adjoining mosque and was used by the muezzins to call the faithful to prayer. It is 72.5 metres high and one has to climb 379 steps to get to the top.The diameter of the base is 14.3 metres while the top floor measures 2.7 metres in diameter.
Qutub Minar is still the highest stone tower as well as one of the finest Islamic structures ever raised in India. The main mosque comprises an inner and outer courtyard, of which the inner one is surrounded by an exquisite collonade, the pillars of which the inner one is surrounded by an exquisite collonade, the pillars of which are made of richly decorated shafts. The main mosque comprises an inner and outer courtyard, of which the inner one is surrounded by an exquisite collonade, the pillars of which the inner one is surrounded by an exquisite collonade, the pillars of which are made of richly decorated shafts.


1.
13112576.jpg


2.
6.jpg


3.
2.jpg


4.
3.jpg


5.
4.jpg


6.
5.jpg


Thanks for looking :mrgreen:




 
I think you certainly suceeded, they're all really well composed and look great... the last is my favourite, nice light and shadow contrasts!
 
Nice sunstars!
Love the compo. on #3 and the pattern and shadows on #6.

i know how tough it is to go back to the same spot over and over and try to pull something new and unique from it, but challenging yourself like that will only make you a better photgrapher.

Awesome shots mansi. :thumbup: :D
 
nice Mansi! i really like the shadows and backlighting here. provides for some great lighting effect and neat textures. the first is my fav but i do like them all!
 
I like number 5, I think partially because of the tree itself and partially because of the blueish tint in the sky. The pattern in the 6th one is cool too.
 
Very nice Mansi, and like Jonk I like #4 and I love #6. I do think you succeeded in this shoot - Great job!
 
Excellent shots Mansi. Love the sunstars. All of these are really well composed, but I like 1 , 5 , and 6, best. Nice work.
 
Very nice, I really like the first and last shots a lot. I keep going back to the first shot, very cool. :thumbup:
 
Thanks so much everyone :mrgreen: .. appreciate your comments very much
thanks :D :D :D
 
Nice use of different angles. Really like the first and the last picture.
 
Thanks Knopka :mrgreen:
i thought this thread was dead ;)
 
Really love that first and last one.
 
as usual - lovely!!!!!!! :) but the 4th one is my fav in this series!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom