Off brand battery grips ok for XT?

had the same dilema when I was looking around for a grip for my XSI. I was about to buy it from ebay but than remembered how much crap I got from ebay that only lasted me a month or two. I say add $50 more and invest in the real Canon grip. That is just my opinion.

I didn't bother looking, but I will say I have heard from quite a few people who are perfectly happy with their off brand battery grips. Is it worth the extra 50 bucks... maybe depends on you. How much is the name worth? and how much is the QC worth to you?

I too prefer tha canon but bought a Opteka for my XT and it works great, can be bought at Opteka for $69.00 er round there plus shipping. I have been using them for 2 years now and absolutely no problems

Just looked at the Opteka grip- looks like everything I've been looking for recently, and at a great price. I'm assuming that it has a mount for a tripod plate underneath? I couldn't find any images of the bottom of it... and couldn't imagine they'd neglect do put some female threading in there, but just wanted to be sure....

thanks,
ERik

I remember people were saying the Opteka grip looks the same as the Canon one (externally). It has a pretty good review from Amazon

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Battery-Vertical-Shutter-Release/dp/B000EDB1II[/ame]

That was the one I would like to get when I had my XTi. But I also heard that the shutter release button feel different from the Canon version.

FYI:

Quoted from the Amazon link list above.

"Opteka is proud to be allowed to use the same factory and mold as Canon uses for their BG-E3"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back