What's new

Off-roading shots

harut82

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd love some general feedback. Thanks in advance.

Canon 7D
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8
17mm
f/3.2
1/1000
ISO 100


Canon 7D
Tamron 70-300
70mm
f/8
1/250
ISO 100



Canon 7D
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8
35mm
f/3.2
1/320
ISO 100
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/bighphoto/13710709983/in/set-72157643625784855/player/" width="800" height="534" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Canon 7D
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8
33mm
f/3.5
1/200
ISO 100


Canon 7D
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8
50mm
f/3.5
1/60
ISO 100
 
2 and 4 are the only ones that I like. It's particularly because it's showing the vehicle in an off-road environment and it seems as they are action shots.
 
Very nice. I like 1,2, and 4. The fence pole in 3 is distracting and I hate rock posing in general. Looks like some nice trails.
 
Looks like fun. 1,4, the best 2 okay 3 agree on the fence post and it looks a little too hard worked for being staged.

Thankyou for posting and adding some variety i personal love off roading and off road shots.


edit: unphoto related. But i would avoid doing #3 anyway. The setup you have doesn't appear to be absorbing too stiff and not enough travel. Never pulled apart one of them but in other vehicles noticed #3 can be a real hub and bearing assembly killer. Hubs are primarily made to take the stress vertical, push it out the side they don't hold up well. They really don't like side stress the bearings aren't designed for it. upgrade the suspension and bearings first
two cents
 
Last edited:
Nice, i would change#1. It almost feels like a landscape maybe turn the truck more to see more of the side. It just looks like its blocking a landscape shot
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been experimenting to see which focal lengths work best when taking pictures of cars. I tend to like the 35mm-70mm. Any advice in terms of choosing the right focal length?
 
I would say you need to disconnect those swaybar links to get some articulation but I ride a jeep and I don't even know if you can disconnect stock swaybar links on a Toyota err... Rav 4?
 
Same 1, 2 and 4 are cool, 3 is a bit much for my eyes ;) haha
 
You might want to just make a habit of blacking out plate numbers. Depending on the state, people can get names, home addresses, loan status, smog status etc from a plate number ;)
 
I would say you need to disconnect those swaybar links to get some articulation but I ride a jeep and I don't even know if you can disconnect stock swaybar links on a Toyota err... Rav 4?

There is no easy to disconnect them. It's an FJ Cruiser not a Rav 4
 
I would say you need to disconnect those swaybar links to get some articulation but I ride a jeep and I don't even know if you can disconnect stock swaybar links on a Toyota err... Rav 4?

There is no easy to disconnect them. It's an FJ Cruiser not a Rav 4
i heard they are pretty good offroad, but the rear visibility sucks. true?
 
I would say you need to disconnect those swaybar links to get some articulation but I ride a jeep and I don't even know if you can disconnect stock swaybar links on a Toyota err... Rav 4?

There is no easy to disconnect them. It's an FJ Cruiser not a Rav 4
i heard they are pretty good offroad, but the rear visibility sucks. true?

Yeah the front visibility isn't the best either. The A and C pillars are just massive. And the seats block the view through the back side windows.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom