****~Official Nikon D100 Thread~****

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have had my D100 for about 6 months. I thought this would be a good beginner camera for me. I have a nikkor 28-200mm and a Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX

so anyway

are there any D100 Guru's out here? any advice would be great, such as.....best lenses? settings for night pics?....ideal settings? :lmao:

I don't think too many people here shoot with D100's.

The D100 was announced February 2002. It's a fine camera, albeit no longer cutting edge. There are specs and an in-depth review here.

I doubt that there are too many things that are specific to the D100...it's just a camera...practically the same as most other cameras.

questions like "best lenses? settings for night pics?....ideal settings?" don't apply to just that camera...they don't really even apply specifically to digital cameras.

If you broaden your view, you will find much more information.

cool thanks Mike

this leads me to ask. is the body of the (digital) camera all that important? besides MP.

If I had the top of the line nikkor lens. would there be a difference in picture quality from a d100 vs d80 (both at 6.1mp) ?

this leads me to ask. is the body of the (digital) camera all that important? besides MP.

If I had the top of the line nikkor lens. would there be a difference in picture quality from a d100 vs d80 (both at 6.1mp) ?
Back in the film days...we used to say that the camera is just a light-tight box that held the film...and that the lens is by far the most important piece.

It's a little different in the digital era. The camera's sensor and it's electronics and such...all make a difference...and it' more than just mega pixels. However, lenses are no less important now than they ever were.

Top of the line lenses will surely improve image quality. Keep in mind that knowledge and skill will also improve image quality...and those cost more time than money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back