Ohh yeahhh! I'm on fire this week

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Norwegian photography site Akam.no has this thing where the forum members each month post pics they've taken. Then, they pick out the best for each month and write a caption about what they liked about it and stuff.

And I was chosen!!! :D

If you want to see the pics, follow this link (it's safe). At the bottom it says "neste side"...that means "next page".

Se brukernes beste novemberbilder - Akam.no

Which are your photos??

The one with the boat and the rope and the reflection, on the last page. Just one picture..

And yes, there is one photo that shows nudity.

Wonderful photo -- congrats!

Joe

If no one else will say it, I will.

It's a great shot. I don't understand it though.
It appears that the rope is as tight as a fiddle string. And the boat is very distant.
It looks mystical, yet not real. I'd be interested to know more about this image.
If for nothing else, to learn something from you. It really is a nice image.

very nice. congrats

If no one else will say it, I will.

It's a great shot. I don't understand it though.
It appears that the rope is as tight as a fiddle string. And the boat is very distant.
It looks mystical, yet not real. I'd be interested to know more about this image.
If for nothing else, to learn something from you. It really is a nice image.

Now that you mention it, it does seem kinda awkward. I'm interested in learning more about it as well.

Didn't you post that picture for C&C awhile back?

Sure did, Cuzzy.

Basically the rope does fall down into the U-shape you're imagining, but I took the shot from straight above it, which makes it look straight. Not sure what else to say. I got up before the sun, saw a boat, took a few shots, pp-ed, posted here and everyone seemed to like it. The only line I was worried about that the time was the rope leading to the boat. All the other divisions didn't occur to me until someone pointed them out.

Hmm, there wasnt anything else done with the rope though? Why does the rope not lose any apparent size as it gets further away from the focal plane? It visually appears almost the same diameter right after the knot as it does at the boat... which obviously has lost apparent size due to the short focal length.

I think it's either the reflection of the rope playing you, or there are two ropes next to each other.. Must be one of those :)

Haha, crazy.. It sortve reminds me of an MC Escher play on perspective or something :D

Most reactions

Back