No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got bored today.
_MG_7517.jpg

_MG_7488.jpg

_MG_7497.jpg

WOW! Those are beautiful, very well done.

Great abstracts. Would be interested in knowing your setup.

I like these more than Bryan Peterson's example in Understanding Exposure.

Those are awesome! (and my 10 year old agrees! here comment was a long "wooooooah"). Anyway, do you mind sharing how you setup something like that? I look at the photo, and just wonder "how in the heck do you put something like that together?"

Question 2 ... any chance in making those available in low-res versions for computer wallpapers? they look very fitting for that purpose. :)

Kevin

Those are awesome! (and my 10 year old agrees! here comment was a long "wooooooah"). Anyway, do you mind sharing how you setup something like that? I look at the photo, and just wonder "how in the heck do you put something like that together?"

Question 2 ... any chance in making those available in low-res versions for computer wallpapers? they look very fitting for that purpose. :)

Kevin
Get a colorful piece of paper, a picture or anything with color. Place it on a surface. Get a glass baking pan and fill it with about one inch of water. Place the glass pan on the colored paper. Drop drops of vegetable oil in the water. Use your macro lens, if you have one, and start shooting pictures.

Where in Utah are you from?

Last edited:

Kevin

Spanish Fork's where the home is, and South Jordan is for work. :) Horrible commute as I have to drive through the 26 miles of I-15 construction and its super narrow lanes (in addition to the other 10 or so miles), but the family breaks down in tears if I talk about moving closer. ;-) I see you're from Morgan. I've run through there once (ran the Wasatch Back a few years back and I quite literally ran through morgan as part of that). How's life up there?

Kevin

Kevin
Get a colorful piece of paper, a picture or anything with color. Place it on a surface. Get a glass baking pan and fill it with about one inch of water. Place the glass pan on the colored paper. Drop drops of vegetable oil in the water. Use your macro lens, if you have one, and start shooting pictures.

That technique sounds like lots of fun. I think that could be a fun project to try, though I don't have a macro lens. :) I'll just shoot with what I've got and see what happens (and then be jealous of yours!). hehehe...

Thanks for the tips on how you set it up.

Kevin

Kevin

Spanish Fork's where the home is, and South Jordan is for work. :) Horrible commute as I have to drive through the 26 miles of I-15 construction and its super narrow lanes (in addition to the other 10 or so miles), but the family breaks down in tears if I talk about moving closer. ;-) I see you're from Morgan. I've run through there once (ran the Wasatch Back a few years back and I quite literally ran through morgan as part of that). How's life up there?

Kevin

I grew up in Orem and moved up here seven years ago when I started working for the Sheriff's Office. Its cold up here.

I grew up in Orem and moved up here seven years ago when I started working for the Sheriff's Office. Its cold up here.

My wife grew up in Orem, and all her family is from there. We lived in Orem for a few years. :) It's certainly changed over the years!

Sorry it's cold. Bundle up! heh...

Oh, and I went and tried an experiment with horrible lighting, quickly-printed tie-dye patterns which look horrible, and some water and oil in a badly scratched glass pan. Combine that with no macro lens (was using a zoom lens for this), and a complete and utter lack of experience (but willingness to try), and my photos ... um ... look nothing like yours. ;-) *CERTAINLY* nothing that I'll post here.

Kevin

Great shots - I love some of the colors so much I think I might need to repaint a few rooms in my house!!

Great idea for my new found passion in macro photography! I'll be replicating your setup tomorrow if you dont mind:) I'll post them here!

Great idea for my new found passion in macro photography! I'll be replicating your setup tomorrow if you dont mind:) I'll post them here!
Can't wait to see them.
another one
_MG_7525.jpg

Nice.
I like em all.
MY TURN!
lol

These are outstanding! Nice work!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back