Ok, lets critique this one.

Terry Leach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says, I am looking for some critiques on this one. This was taken a couple weeks ago during one of these bad storms we have been having here in Arkansas lately. This is on Petit Jean Mountain for those of you who are familiar with the central Arkansas area.

Afternoonrunoff-1.jpg

Would crop top down to ground level, all the green distracts me from looking at your nice stream.

I like the water and colors it looks to be in focus and sharp, but the framing is a little to much

Rainy day and in-forest pictures tend to run a little cold. Have you tried warming the colors a little? It might be worth a try. I'm unsure as to how much reframing this picture is going to help or really change anything, but as mentioned above, give it a try, too. Personally, I think the photo is quite likeable and only really needs some tweaking, not a major overhaul.

I really like this photo...none of the green distracts me...my eye keeps drifting between the stream and the woods...which means I'm looking at the photo longer...but why the silly vignetting???

Besides the funky vignette border, the water seems gray... I think it needs some contrast. Or it could just be brown from the runoff. Not very attractive either way. I do like the greens and reds.

It looks oversaturated to me, and I agree the vignette looks particularly inapropriate.

The water has that look like a low dynamic range scene, done using multiple exposures, then merged into an HDR, and then over tone-mapped.

Composition wise, I would like more space on the right for that last little fall to flow into. In other words, the vertical orientation of the image frame was not appropriate for the scene.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I have went back in and made a couple adjustments. I cropped the top getting rid of the sky. I done away with and framing, as well as, adding more contrast. As far as the color, I left it as it was since I originally had not made any color adjustments for the beginning. The greens and reds are as they were in the woods. Fortunately, everything is very green here right now, mainly because of the excessive amount of rain we are having here lately. I almost think I have added too much contrast, let me know. I was trying to get rid of the gray water.

050.jpg

Kmh...... Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I see ,and understand, what you are saying about needing more on the right of the water run-off. Thanks, that will be very helpful in the future, as will all the advice I receive during these critiques.

Most reactions

Back