jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon F2, Nikkor 50mm f/2, TriX, HC110 1:63. Sunny 16'd, f/8 @ 1/1000s

Old & New
MasonNikon TriX003E.jpg

Nice one!@@! I have owned three different 50mm f2 examples, and one was my second ever Nikon lens back in the early 1980s. This is a pre-ai lens, but many were converted to AI by Nikon back in the early days when it used to cost $35.

Excellent composition - nice lines.

Well spotted, sir!!!

Thanks John

Good shot......

Thanks Jeff

Nice one!@@! I have owned three different 50mm f2 examples, and one was my second ever Nikon lens back in the early 1980s. This is a pre-ai lens, but many were converted to AI by Nikon back in the early days when it used to cost $35.

It and my 55 micro pre ai are most used. Probably the micro the most. I use the 43-86 a fair amount as well, mainly for the little surprises it delivers at times.

Excellent composition - nice lines.

Thanks bud.

I think the 55 mm is a nice focal length and so are 58, and 60. Upon first glance these might seem to be too close to be of any real significance but in actual practice there is quite a bit of difference between 50 which is actually about 48.1 as I recall for most older Nikon lenses marked "50mm", and 55mm.

Early on in my 35 mm SLR life I had a Russian made Zenit with a 58 mm lens, and Nikon used to make a 58 mm lens,allegedly to give both eyes open, one to one life size viewing through the pentaprism of the Nikon f. A few years ago the Cosina brand released a 58 mm and once again Nikon is now making a 58 mm, an auto focus model that has a hefty price tag, but which makes beautiful pictures.

You are about the only person I know that likes the 43 to 86 mm zoom lens, but I have heard that the later generation models were really not that bad and that it was the early generation models which were widely criticized, and were the culprit in bringing that lens model's reputation down, similar to the way that the old Nikon 200 mm f/4 chrome barrel was a poor performer but the AI and AI-s models were actually quite decent.

I think the 55 mm is a nice focal length and so are 58, and 60. Upon first glance these might seem to be too close to be of any real significance but in actual practice there is quite a bit of difference between 50 which is actually about 48.1 as I recall for most older Nikon lenses marked "50mm", and 55mm.

Early on in my 35 mm SLR life I had a Russian made Zenit with a 58 mm lens, and Nikon used to make a 58 mm lens,allegedly to give both eyes open, one to one life size viewing through the pentaprism of the Nikon f. A few years ago the Cosina brand released a 58 mm and once again Nikon is now making a 58 mm, an auto focus model that has a hefty price tag, but which makes beautiful pictures.

You are about the only person I know that likes the 43 to 86 mm zoom lens, but I have heard that the later generation models were really not that bad and that it was the early generation models which were widely criticized, and were the culprit in bringing that lens model's reputation down, similar to the way that the old Nikon 200 mm f/4 chrome barrel was a poor performer but the AI and AI-s models were actually quite decent.

Mine (43-86) is the 2nd generation and makes nice images through out the focal range. I like the focal range even though its odd. I have adapted it for testing on my XT2 and the CA is very evident at the short and long end.

A lens I kind of like is the Nikon Series E 36 to 72 mm F 3.5. My first-ever autofocus lens was the Nikon 35 to 70 mm AF f / 3.3 ~4 5

Most reactions

Back