Old Barn

Jeff/fotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jefferyraymond.com
old%20barn.JPG

This image needs much more work, but I thought I would share it as a WIP. I kind of like the interplay of light on the shakes as they have warped over time.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Should I feel embarrased for asking what "WIP" is? I like the patterns too. At first i was going to complain that the image is too big to view on my screen with out scrolling, but in this case that helped me to decide that I think the top half needs to be cropped out. I realy like the bottom half with the windows and grass filling the bottom third of the frame and just the tiles ("shakes"?) filling the top two thirds. You would probably need to straighten the image before cropping so that the horizontals match the border. I'd be interested to see it reposted with the crop if you bother to try it.

nice find

Brian

WIP = work in progress. :D

And I agree 100% with the crop. This is an image about texture for me, as well as great light and shadow. It becomes quite stunning if you basically crop off the top two-thirds or more, leaving only about 4-5 rows of shingles over those great windows, and the perfect line of tall grass along the bottom.

Just a suggestion, and you may not think it works. I think it has great potential. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back