Old bridge

dontpanic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went out yesterday morning and shot some of the local, lesser traveled areas around the house. Here's a pair of an old bridge over Hurricane Creek (aptly named due to the amount of water it passes during large storms).

What would you have done differently with this shot? What do you like or dislike about the final shot? I'm still learning about the things you can do in PS...typically with my sports photography it's crop and contrast and out the door, but lots more tricks to perform if one wanted to. Thanks!

Original (only cropped):
IMG_6036_orig_color.jpg

Final:
IMG_6036_final_doutone.jpg
http://www.midsouthphotos.com/publicstuff/gallery/IMG_6036_final_doutone.jpg

To be completely honest, I would have composed it differently. It's just a rather mundane shot.

OK, what do you think of mine? I thought DP's shot was good, for a guy who's used to shooting moving things (sports photography) but I was going for a more linear shot with this one.

451058464_4ce3bc647d.jpg

Sorry if I'm bogarting your thread, hun, I just want to show the two different angles on that bridge.

When I read "old bridge" I was thinking Roman aquaeduct or other old stone bridge. How disappointing...

I prefer mschris's shot but feel the greenery distracts from the actual technical detail - and that bridge isn't much to write home about in the first place... (sorry to be so blunt but it doesn't do much for me...)

Most reactions

Back