Old Church

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From plantation country, in South Louisiana. I Can't remember the name of it.

Scans082.jpg

Nice shot Jason. I love the colors.

I checked out your Zenfolio, neat stuff. I just recently discovered Zenfolio and fell in love with the presentation, speed, everything about it. I instantly signed up for a year of the full package and love it. How about you? Are you happy with it?

Thanks Chris, yeah I love zenfolio. I still can't believe how easy it is to use and modify. I'm gonna check yours out later, my internet is having some issues at the moment.

That must have been very difficult to expose; well done!

It may be just me (and believe me, I stared at it for quite a while) is it slightly tilted, down on the right?

Thanks. I think there is a slight tilt down to the left. Originally there was a tilt to the right and I adjusted for but must have went too far. I'll have to fix that. The distortion from the wide angle and all the detail and tones help to fool the eye too.

The exposure wasn't difficult at all. I just put the camera on a tripod and fired off about 50 shots, hehe. :)

Last edited:
lovely image - this is worth going back to and really getting the exposures correct - take +/- 2ev and then add in the window details (especially on the right) - and then think about that right column (that is hidden on the left).
I think churches need at least 2 visits to get the best out of them.
You could also try a panorama, use the free autostitch program, to get in more of the roof (which needs a bit of lightening to bring out the rafter detail).
Thanks for sharing

Most reactions

Back