Old Dock

dmccarty10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidmccartyphoto.com
An old dock.

Image-2C984401126111DA.jpg

I think the composition is off on this one. I think the image would stand a little stronger by cropping horz. allowing some sky in and just some of the grasses under where the water divides it. The dock is lost in the middle of your image dividing it more so than pulling you in to view it.

Also I wish the beggining of the dock closet to us was more in focus with the DOF falling of after or near the end of the dock. Its just the dock carries so much detail and as it is know the part you could make the most of is blurred and the detail remains at the smallest or longest point away from the viewer.

To me the dock and puddle may have been a better idea for the photo. Sometimes including to many elements is tough. The shape of the puddle and that sinking dock are fabulous. The bridge and the sky seem out of place.

I see what you're saying about the DOF. The thing is I was shooting it with a Lensbaby. Focusing is an inexact science. But you're right, it's distracting. I'd like to do a full shoot of just this dock, so you're comments are appreciated.

dmccarty10 said:
I see what you're saying about the DOF. The thing is I was shooting it with a Lensbaby. Focusing is an inexact science. But you're right, it's distracting. I'd like to do a full shoot of just this dock, so you're comments are appreciated.

I was wondering if you shot with the lensbaby for this. It almost looked like you used motion blur in photoshop on the lower portion of the photo... the way the grass looks stretched.

Most reactions

Back