What's new

Old family farm in Southern Indiana

Redtech

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
65
Reaction score
13
Location
Southern Illinois
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CC welcome. I took 217 pics on this trip. I think these are my top 10.

The tool shed
$DSC_8452.webp

Old TV - I should have got lower for this shot. :-/
$DSC_8464.webp

Kitchen
$DSC_8467.webp

Original log cabin part of the house
$DSC_8471.webp

Junk by the closet. I LOVE this pic. Kicking myself that I didn't crouch down. My dad was rushing me. I didn't think it would be any good at the time.
$DSC_8473.webp

Outside the house. The shorter bit in the back was the log cabin part built in the 1850s, The taller part was added on in the 1890s. This house was lived in until the 1950s. No plumbing. I wish that stupid old tree wasn't in the way.
$DSC_8512.webp

The barn
$DSC_8531.webp

Assorted goodies still hanging in the barn. Oops forgot to crop out my dad.
$DSC_8542.webp

The feed room. The door opens into the horse stalls. I really love the logs.
$DSC_8547.webp

Looking out the window of the chicken room. It wasn't a chicken coop. There is one of those on the premises too. This must have been for chicken overflow. ???
$DSC_8579.webp
 
you will get better c&c if you post less pictures... this way, I'm not sure if you're just showing us where you've been or want a proper critique
 
What could I have done better with the first one?
 
I would have moved a little more to the right and tried to get that front corner to fall around the left-third of the frame.

Junk by the closet. I LOVE this pic. Kicking myself that I didn't crouch down. My dad was rushing me. I didn't think it would be any good at the time.
View attachment 74910
I would have come in closer to this and made the shoes the focal point, leaving the bags of concrete out of the shot, but still getting part of the basket.

Outside the house. The shorter bit in the back was the log cabin part built in the 1850s, The taller part was added on in the 1890s. This house was lived in until the 1950s. No plumbing. I wish that stupid old tree wasn't in the way.
View attachment 74911
Overexposed.

Assorted goodies still hanging in the barn. Oops forgot to crop out my dad.
View attachment 74913
Too much going on and that guy on the left should have been cropped out. It still wouldn't help the busyness of the shot though. Where to focus?

Just a few thoughts from an amateur.

Jim
 
What could I have done better with the first one?

#1
- pict is overexposed, you have blown out areas, watch your settings
- a different time of the day would be better, because of the light. But sometimes you don't have a choice and then you need to watch for your settings
- a different composition. Think how to present an three dimensional object into a two dimensional frame. A step on the right and a step closer to the shed, a bit of lower angle...
 
slightly better, but still... look at the roof
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom