Old Farm

Woodsman

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
^^ I was thinking the same thing!! :lol:

That tin roof looks to be in great shape, though. Love the opposing chimneys, too - oh, wouldn't it be fun to be able to walk around in there! :love:

The whole place looks like a wonderful homestead, set in lovely countryside. You captured some nice fall color, too. :)

Thanks. So many of the old places in the area have been torn down either for the lumber, logs or just to clear the area. Sad really. I believe this is likely still with the decendants of the original family in a newer brick farmhouse across the road and the barn is likely still used. It looks in too good a condition not to have someone watching over it even if the house is unoccupied. This has been here in this condition for well over 50 years in my memory and uninhabited all that time. It was not uncommon for a family to take an abandoned house like this and put a tin roof on the buildings with little other upkeep and then try to make a go of it. Most never stayed more than one winter. The orignal settlers here were Irish immigrants in the late 1800's. The original homes would be single room homes with sod roofs usually in the side of hill. As a kid there were ruins of these still around and I spent many a summers day exploring them. All are gone now either through decay or wood scavaging. I figure this place likely dates from the early 1900's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back