old foundation

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes... me again. :mrgreen: I am loving this discovery and can't wait to go back out there again under different lighting and weather for a different feel. This is an old foundation, or rather, what's left of it. The rest is gone, overgrown, or buried. It's not a foundation of a house but rather, an old pumping station, according to my dad. He said there used to be a pumping station for water out in that area. I believe he is right because near there used to be two towers that were lookouts and water storage. They had not been used since the turn of the century and the pumping station was torn down and abandoned around then. Since I was alone, it was serene and creepy at the same time.

The stairs to this place. If you go up the stairs and look beyond them, you can see some of the foundation but it is on a hill so it seems like these are the stairs that went up and what you see beyond that is actually the basement?
DSC01443.jpg

A foundation or pool or something. No way in he!! am I gonna find out how deep that is. Looking at the edges of it, it looks like a pool of some sort. It's probably about 6x9 feet and is definitely next to a foundation of something else, maybe the road to the pumping station? It is near the stairs, kinda on the other side of the path and down a hill a bit. There is also some kind of stack of rocks that formed a fountain or something.
DSC01449.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

The place is so "Blair Witch" and I need to go back. I love creepy places like this.

Nice pictures, the pool looks interesting with definite possibilities for some fine pictures. Are these hand held? 'cause they look soft. I would suggest a tripod especially for a cloudy day.

they were handheld. My medium format camera was on the tripod and didn't really feel like switching them out. I only bought my digital along for the record keeping. I'll go back again with the focus being on my digital, not the medium format film. So yes, with the fading light, I will have my digital on the tripod next time.

Wow, looks like a great place to dump bodies at. ;) You should take a long branch and see how deep that pool is!

I hope you get some interesting shots there. It is an interesting place fo shoo. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back