Old Green Eyes

*Bob*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSC_3074.jpg

I think it's cool - my first impression is WOW! great detail

wow! wonderful shot.. beautifully exposed :thumbsup:
thanks for sharing :D

Wow, I have never seen anything LIKE THIS! WOW!

Weezy

WoW,
Thanks for the kind words guys.
This would have been the better shot but he snapped his head back to quickly for me to reframe, and I cut his beak off. AAArrrggghhh!!

DSC_3073.jpg

Wow, I have looked at the first pic a few times, I have seen and taken a few pics of Cormorants, but usually thought that the bird was kind of ugly looking in photos, but I like them when I see them with my eyes. You have really captured a very different side. I had also wondered if the one you showed in your first shot was live or stuffed? because the green in the eye was so perfect I thought it might have been a taxedermy eye, but your second post answers that question. Both shots are spectacular, even if he/she moved out of the frame. Thank you very much for posting these.

Jeff

*Bob* said:
This would have been the better shot but he snapped his head back to quickly for me to reframe, and I cut his beak off. AAArrrggghhh!!

Ouch - it looks like you did a good job of gluing it back together :D

good shots...
if i hadn't seen the 2nd one, i would have sworn it was stuffed ;)

laura

JEFFB said:
Wow, I have looked at the first pic a few times, I have seen and taken a few pics of Cormorants, but usually thought that the bird was kind of ugly looking in photos, but I like them when I see them with my eyes. You have really captured a very different side. I had also wondered if the one you showed in your first shot was live or stuffed? because the green in the eye was so perfect I thought it might have been a taxedermy eye, but your second post answers that question. Both shots are spectacular, even if he/she moved out of the frame. Thank you very much for posting these.

Jeff

Hi, I did wonder if people would think it was a stuffed bird because of the background, thats why I posted the second image.Actually they were taken in very intense sunlight.I spot focused on the birds head and slightly underexposed.The result was a completely black background.
Heres the exif data if anybody is interested.

D70
Flash used: No
Focal length: 500.0mm (35mm equivalent: 750mm)
Exposure time: 0.0008 s (1/1250)
Aperture: f/6.3
Metering Mode: spot
Exposure: Aperture priority
Exposure Comp: -1.5EV

Most reactions

Back