Old industrial photo equip - is this too oddball to list here

moti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have been in business many years and are about to retire. Have weird things - such as a 16ft. bed graphics camera with a Goertz Artar lens, 19";
a Bausch & Lomb Model 88 Balopticon; lots of WWII stuff - 70 mm modified lens; 5 x 7 cameras; etc. Will research and list if this is the place to
do so. Much is personal collection, some previously used until updates. Have been looking through some of your comments , listings, etc. and
would appreciate feedback on what seems to be the most prevalent items discussed /used / whatever. If this isn't the correct forum, I'll bow to
your knowledge and keep hunting.

Thanks for checking this - Moti

Sounds like an interesting collection. I don't normally buy from forums (I could end up spending far too much) but it definitely sounds like there are things that would interest me & I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one :)
The graphics camera sounds at least twice the size of the one I used when working in school holidays - sadly I have not room for such even if delivery charges (to the UK) didn't prove excessive. Weird photographic stuff is usually of interest too

I suspect you've already seen but there is a section specifically for buying & selling with rules explained Buy and Sell section rules

Many forums keep the buying/selling to regular forum users - I didn't see anything about that here but I'd hope you are able to share some of your experiences over the years of working in the business. I suspect with a collection like that your experiences will also be interesting - Welcome to the forum!

Have been in business many years and are about to retire. Have weird things - such as a 16ft. bed graphics camera with a Goertz Artar lens, 19";
a Bausch & Lomb Model 88 Balopticon; lots of WWII stuff - 70 mm modified lens; 5 x 7 cameras; etc. Will research and list if this is the place to
do so. Much is personal collection, some previously used until updates. Have been looking through some of your comments , listings, etc. and
would appreciate feedback on what seems to be the most prevalent items discussed /used / whatever. If this isn't the correct forum, I'll bow to
your knowledge and keep hunting.

Thanks for checking this - Moti
I know what you're talking about. That gallery camera you'll have a hard time with. I have a shorter one and it makes a nice decoration. Those 5x7's could work if you can attach a digi back to them. Too bad you don't have some photos of the stuff. Been there, done that. Good luck and enjoy your retirement with good health and fun. Now you can shoot for you.

Best place to list old photo stuff is the Collector Corner.

- such as a 16ft. bed graphics camera
One of my many regrets was letting an almost new one go with one of the newspapers when I sold the publishing company in the late 70's along with all the darkroom equipment.

Used to shoot color separations on one using the the old indirect method. In was fun but I don’t miss those days.

One of my many regrets was letting an almost new one go with one of the newspapers when I sold the publishing company in the late 70's along with all the darkroom equipment.
We felt somewhat lost when we switched to the computer to mfr. printed circuits. Ours was an old carbon arc setup which we modified to use for pcs. Has the Goerz Artar 19" F11- F90 lens (pre-WWII) which gives such clarity. A dear friend was a old-timer in the SPIE (optics org.) who gifted us with many of his cameras and such. Have at least 4 Kodak Aero-Ektar f 2/5 7" lenses which he used to photograph the stars, etc. He worked at WSMR and did so much of the optics. Plus his 5x7s. Even stuff from his friend, Clyde Tombaugh (Pluto). How do you destroy history or find it a new home? Thanks for your pleasant contact -

Ours was an old carbon
Mine had carbon arc lights also, which worked well we were shooting full page negatives from which the offset press plates were burned. Unfortunately there's only so much "stuff" you can keep.

I've always wanted to try my hand with 5x7 or 8x10, but the cost of film and chemicals convinces me otherwise.

Used to shoot color separations on one using the the old indirect method. In was fun but I don’t miss those days.
The new "stuff" eliminates hours of work, but does leave you feeling you're missing something!

Mine had carbon arc lights also, which worked well we were shooting full page negatives from which the offset press plates were burned. Unfortunately there's only so much "stuff" you can keep.

I've always wanted to try my hand with 5x7 or 8x10, but the cost of film and chemicals convinces me otherwise.
Well, we have some Speed Graphix 4x6! Also have Optically certified mirror /optical systems meeting or surpassing the Raleigh limit of optical precision. One flat and one concave (think it's a parabolic mirror for telescopes.) Both are in the 12" size, round. So much that we truly have no idea what or how they were used. Will be researching for months I am sure. Lots of hand held cameras, plus lenses, enlargers and all sorts of affiliated equipment and pieces. History and future together.

Most reactions

Back