Reaction score
Website
www.valeriosantarelli.it
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
95 yearsold lady

434sottorn2.jpg

Bella fotografia!

Your subject looks a little unhappy. It works, though. Is there any way to reshoot with her happy and smiling? It would totally change the feel, but it might be more pleasant. I know when I think of older ladies, I think of them as being really warm and sweet--bedtime stories, and candy in their purses... that stuff. But I'm sure its my preconceived notions interfering with my ability to analyze the photo. Others who don't have that ideal in their head will probably think its great!

Also, the left side of the background seems really bright. I would wait for someone else to comment on whether or not this is a problem. I'm new to this, so I'm still learning how to appropriately observe a photograph.

not sure why its cliche, I mean unless you asked her to put onher head scarf. Its nicely done. I like.

I like it! If you know some people who has lived a hard like, that it just it. Very good shot.

I like this photo. It would be interesting to see it in Sepia tone or something more old looking.
I don't mind cliche at all. Almost every photo is cliche, someone was bound to do it before you. There's nothing wrong with doing what has been done before.
Nice job!

cliche:

1. A trite or overused expression or idea: “Even while the phrase was degenerating to cliché in ordinary public use . . . scholars were giving it increasing attention” (Anthony Brandt).
2. A person or character whose behavior is predictable or superficial: “There is a young explorer . . . who turns out not to be quite the cliche expected” (John Crowley).

To me, this is like any picture that i've seen of an older, italian woman.

Perhaps people would say that you can say that about any picture- I see it in child photography all the time. Perhaps some of my photo's are cliche also. It doesn't change the fact to my eyes though.. that it is cliche.

Your subject looks a little unhappy.
What are you talking about? This is her Happy Face! :lol:

Great portrait. I love the lines of her face and the look she is giving the camera.

Your subject looks a little unhappy.
Thanks for the comments.
She was not unhappy.... the lines on her face is because she is very old, but in that moment she was very happy, she was chatting with all the people around her.... she was asking to everybody "where they came from".... so, she was happy, but the hardest part to take this picture is that she doesn't want to be shot.... so... i took over 300 pictures of her, just clicking with my camera in the bag, without point the lens in her direction.... and... this is the only one picture (over 300) that she was looking in the lens, but she didn't know that i was taking pictures of her, because my camera was in the bag ;)
I'm sorry for my terrible english.... i hope you guys can understand me ;)

Ciao

Valerio

Most reactions

New Topics

Back