What's new

Old Montreal

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
2,599
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal, Canada
An old one i decided to mess a bit with...
so, before you even ask, I'll answer your questions:
1. Yes i've been tinting all my pics in blue lately. And whatever you say i like it ;)
2. Yes I know there's a slight tilt, as usual.Yes you can remove the tilt if you want and you can edit the pic as much as you please and I can even provide you the original :)

So, what d'you think of it?

City2.jpg
 
Cool!
In several aspects (like colour cast --- do you have a thing for blue of late, eh? ;););)).

I am reading Kathy Reich's "Déjà Dead" right now, and now I even get to see some of the place where that crime story is set. Very good. Could you show me any more, maybe?
 
I find the tilt quite distracting...

Just playin'! :lol: :lmao:

I really like the angles and the lines of the buildings on the right. It makes me want to visit Montreal.
 
i like the blue and the tilt looks great
 
IT looks realyl classic. if i couldnt see the new jeta/golf in the foreground i would think its a clean shot from like the 70's. I dont know why but thats a good thing... maybye its just the blue.
 
Old Montreal! Oh, you live in such a gorgeous city Alexandra, when I was visiting, Cirque du Soleil was in view of Old Montreal. *sigh* So pretty.

The people in the foreground really help to make this shot. Good eye.
 
Very nice! I love Montreal, I was there twice last year. By far, one of my favorite cities!
 
Just a couple of tweaks as I can't resist a fool round in PS... what do you think of the alterations?

Rob

City2.jpg
 
sweet shot alex...love that place too. one of the best cities.
Like your blue tint alex and your sharpness rob :thumbup:
 
wow, there's a whole bunch of you i've gotta thank! It's always sooo nice to read your sweet comments!

Rob: I love your edit! I love it how you brought all the detail without making the contrast too harsh :D thank you!

All you guys should come to Montreal! I'm terribly lonely here and i have no one to meet up with!
 
Thanks for the thanks - it's a great shot and blue suits it, whatever shade!

fyi: I did a slight crop to take off the border and a bit of one edge, converted to B&W by desaturate, 30% 1px 0lev USM, -8 bright +14 contrast, blue 82 filter, USM same settings and save.

Great pic and I'll call on you if I find myself in your neck of the woods!

Rob
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom