Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

These photos were taken in Bakersfield, California. I have no clue what the names are for some of these cars, but I would like to get a little feed back on my photos.

These were taken with a Canon Rebel XT with a Sigma 10-20mm lens attached. I made three different photos in Lightroom for each, changing the exposure. I then created HDR's with the photos. Finally, I tweaked them in photoshop, and desaturated them to convert them to black and white.

If you'd like to see more, you can check out my flickr page.

Thanks for any input,
-Derrick

My boyfriend is crazy about old cars he just loved the photos. i like the shooting angle and the B&W look it perfectly suits the cars for being old,didnt like the second one's composition though,the pavement and the people doesnt look good.nice work

The photos remind me of the 1950s television advertising that used the exagerated perspective to make the cars look longer and sleeker than they really were. The FCC or FTC, or somebody, made the TV advertisers quit that and made them show a more normal perspective in their ads. Nowadays, one seldom sees that.

1and3 are 54 Chevy's, 2 is possibly a 56 or 57 Chevy truck, the last one looks to be a Plymouth 54 or 55, but it could be a ford as well.

Shots are ok, what lens did you use? Looks like one of those screw on fisheyes. not wild about the distorted edges.

To me it looks like you took every picture at the same angle. From 45 degrees from the headlights. You should try to use different angles.

Good pictures. I would like to see more of the front of #1 and #3.

Shots are ok, what lens did you use? Looks like one of those screw on fisheyes. not wild about the distorted edges.

Thanks for the info on the cars. I used the sigma 10-20mm f/3.5. I don't really like the distorted edges either. How do I avoid this? I shot everything thing at 10mm could that be the reason? Mabe I shouldn't of shot so close.

Here are some more of car one didn't take anymore of car three.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back