What's new

Old School California Train

Thanks!!
 
2 for 2 on train images

I love that old door on the left - do you have any shots further to the left?
 
KenC said:
2 for 2 on train images

I love that old door on the left - do you have any shots further to the left?

Do I have any to the left? Oh ya...i found every train around here and shot the hell out of em...especially this one. That door is my favorite as well...I have a ton of that door!
I do have centered images of that train section...do you feel it is unbalanced? I thought that at first, but after looking for a while it evened out with the spray paint *fan* thing top-right....and the left placement of the subject I think adds tension. I placed the door snug in the corner on purpose...I thought it put some focus on it.

At work now, but I'll post the centered when I get home. Thanks for the comment!
 
KenC said:
2 for 2 on train images

I love that old door on the left - do you have any shots further to the left?

Do I have any to the left? Oh ya...i found every train around here and shot the hell out of em...especially this one. That door is my favorite as well...I have a ton of that door!
I do have centered images of that train section...do you feel it is unbalanced? I thought that at first, but after looking for a while it evened out with the spray paint *fan* thing top-right....and the left placement of the subject I think adds tension. I placed the door snug in the corner on purpose...I thought it put some focus on it.

At work now, but I'll post the centered when I get home. Thanks for the comment!

No, I don't think it's unbalanced at all, and the door works where you put it. I just liked the way it looked and wondered if you made it part of any other compositions.
 
I wonder what it would be like to ride on that old train now. :)
 
2 for 2 on train images

I love that old door on the left - do you have any shots further to the left?

Hey Ken...here's another version with a better view of the cool door. I can't actually find one where I didn't chop the top of the door...WTH...that's gonna eat away at me. Looks like I got a drive ahead of me today ;)


dead train at the balloon track 4 by charlie766, on Flickr
 
Damn...I think I like the second version better...just found it. Which one should I delete off my flickr page? I can't leave them both up there!

I hate it when this happens.
 
I like the first. The second is less interesting, possibly because the number and the wood panel are centered. I would crop the second along that vertical beam just to the right of the number. The top of the door doesn't really bother me - it looks like you caught the interesting part.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom